Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nearly at $3500!

Me and Hannah with our little family. Kevin, Kemto and Peter

First off I would like to thank my Mom and Dad who were the first to jump on board with a generous donation back in the spring when I first started thinking about the project. While they weren't completely thrilled when I decided to go to Kenya the first time, they came around quickly and visited Ethiopia with my Dad's Rotary Club last fall. Besides helping me with the project they are also involved in one there, paying for desks for a school.

More thanks go to Maggie Bowden from LSport, Rebecca Clarke who is a friend of Fiona's and my dad's cousins Michele and Richard Allegretto.

Even though we leave on Friday, it is now a week until we actually arrive in Kenya! We have an overnight layover in London. My friend Hannah, who was a volunteer at Mama Tunza's with me last time lives there and has been nice enough to put me and Alisha up for the night. Hannah spent some time back in Kibera this spring so I'm looking forward to catching up with her and hearing all the stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment