Saturday, November 7, 2009

It hit me...

last night that I'm actually about to go to Kenya, as I took my first anti malaria pill. It's funny with big things like this, so much anticipation and then bam! you're almost on your way and you can't believe it.

Alisha and i got our placements. We'll both be at Mama Tunza's and living together with a chief and his family in Ngong. Interesting, I'm not sure what he's a chief of, but we'll find out soon enough.

Donations keep coming and I'm getting closer and closer to the goal. Now standing at $3286. Thank you to my sister Shannon and her husband Alex, our family friends Fiona Steele and Jessica Lemes Da Silva, Shannon Lawrie from LadySport, Becky Flanagan a friend from my KSS days, half of my favourite set of twins Meg Braem, (Hot) Beck Wiasak my lovely friend from Canberra and Mary Beckmann one of my mom's bridge partners! It's great to have your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment