Thursday, November 12, 2009

Countdown is on

Me and Peter, 2007

Off tomorrow night and I'm super excited. I can't wait to see the kids, though it will be Tuesday before that happens. It will be interesting to see how they've changed, who is still there and to meet the new kids at Mama Tunza's. I am especially excited to see little Peter, who was my favourite the last trip. He was 1 1/2 then and we were literally joined at the hip anytime I was at the orphanage. Peter was the child I saw change the most, when we first met he was a very quiet almost sullen little one. All he really needed was some attention and some fresh air, as soon he was a happy little boy, running around and singing. I've missed him terribly, but I'm bracing myself for the fact that he probably won't remember me. Mama Tunza's has a revolving door of volunteers and Peter is only 3 1/2 now, so his little memory probably doesn't have me in it. But I'm pretty sure I can win him over and we'll be besties again.

In donation news...

My auntie Kate is great. Last Friday, November 6th, she hosted a dinner at her house in Kelowna. It was African themed. Kate recently took an African drumming class, so there was drumming as well as plenty of African food. I wish I could have been there, as all reports are that it was fabulous and a lot of fun. And she raised $510 for the project! Yay!

Also a big thanks to my mom's Girl Guide friend Gail Rose and to Mama, my grandmother, and Linda Stevens from my work for their donations. Thanks as well to Mom and Dad who brought down a bunch of books for me to take with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment