Saturday, December 5, 2009

Good News





The chicken shed is done and the cow shed nearly complete. Next Tuesday we go to see about the incubator with the staff from the orphanage so we can make a decision. I think it will be excellent, but someone is going to have to take responsibility for it to be a success.

We bought a cow yesterday! Now they will have two. There was one here when we arrived, named Glopa, and I bought one yesterday, named Sunrise. She should give milk by the new year. Apparently it is also good for the cows to have each other for company. And happy cows give more milk.

Paddy from the Tara Project, who built the orphanage, was here last week. He's rented the lot adjacent to the orphanage and had it plowed so it can be a vegetable garden. As long as there is more rain soon, it will be planted in the next few weeks. In the mean time I have been using some of the fund raised money to purchase fruits and vegetables for the kids.

I will get a photo of Sunrise and the completed structures when I find a computer that like working with my camera!

Thanks for the latest donations to Riyoko and Dale Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment